Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Happy birthday Billy! ( goodbye summer!!!)

Hi friends! Sorry it's been awhile between posts, I have been making cards, mainly for my card sets for church, but also it's been horribly humid here, and without air con my craft room is a no go area! We do have air con in our bedroom, but only use it when the humidity is high at night. Electricity is very expensive here in Australia, so we have to be careful. Thank goodness today is the last day of summer woohoo!! So looking forward to cooler days! The next 9 months will be a relief! We don't have extreme cold in our winters so it's nice to to rug up and wear jumpers for a change. Average temperature here in southern Queensland in Winter is 6-20 Celsius. Which is around 42-68 f. Ok, so onto my card! The 26th was my hubbys birthday! He lovesthe beach, so I made this card for him using a collection from Kaisercraft called Sandy toes. I used a sketch  I think it was from MFT, and loved  how it turned out. He loved it too! The background paper was glossy ( from the 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 pad) but I did put glossy accents on the thongs ( you call them flip flops lol )  I do hope you are well my friends, and excited to be going into Spring I can imagine! Thank you so much for popping by, many blessings xx

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card. I know your hubby will love it. Great colors and I like how you have incorporated the wooden pieces. I love that you said it's time to rug up and wear jumpers for a change. I have NO idea what that means, but it's probably something to do with sweaters....lol. We are waiting for spring here in Northern Michigan, can't come soon enough. Winters are always longer than we would like.

    ReplyDelete